Saturday, November 14, 2009

What is the best way to fix teeth besides braces?

I have already had braces for 5 years and the doctor left me with a gap in the middle of my front teeth. He removed four of my teeth and didnt even try to move the teeth into the missing spaces!!! I had them removed becuase he wouldn't continue my treatment because he said i was done. I am afraid to have them again. I am 19. My bottom teeth look like nothing changed. Is there a quick solution? maybe in one treatment followed by 2 months of rehab or something?

What is the best way to fix teeth besides braces?
Bonding could work for you, mate. It's a somewhat simple procedure. They'll numb you, remove a little bit of the top layer (I'm assuming the enamle) of each tooth involved, then they'll use something called bondo. They stick it to your teeth, closing the gap. Then, they trim and shape it, and use the whitening light to make the color match the rest of your teeth.





I had it done about four years ago. Same thing, to close the gap in my two front teeth.





If that's not your cup of tea, then you could also try lumineers. They're as thin as a contact lens, and simply adhere to your existing tooth. No filing or drilling necessary from what I've heard and read.





Lumineers are generally better because there's no real dental work involved, as far as drilling and all of that goes. They last longer than bonding, and are suppose to remain white, no matter what. The downfall is the price. I think I've heard that lumineers can cost around a thousand dollars per tooth. Whereas bonding is about $600 to $800 per tooth. Of course it varies with each dentist and state, though.





Hope any of this helps.





Good luck with it!
Reply:I just had bonding done yesterday and cried when I saw how pretty it turned out. I struggled with the decision for a long time on whether to close the gap or leave it. After seeing the results I think this was one of the best choices I've ever made. The procedure was pain free and I didn't even have to get numbed for the dentist to work on them. So that is one option you might discuss with your dentist. If you don't like it, they can remove it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net